Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Beginning

We believe in crafting, in the Do It Yourself community, in the arts. Many of us began crafting as kids in school. I remember watching my mom put together the most elaborate invitations when she worked for a invitation and paper goods company as I was growing up. She taught me how to curl ribbon for birthday presents. To this day, out of all my friends, I still assemble the nicest looking gifts. She showed me how to create my own thoughtful, beautiful wrapping paper you couldn't find in stores. These little lessons have stuck with me throughout my life. How did you get into crafting?

1 comment:

  1. Nikki...we welcome you as a new intern at Artistic Ribbon.Over the past decades I have been more in touch with the large stationer and the mass merchandisers so I welcome the opportunity to relate more and learn from the crafting communities. As a Brooklyn male growing up in the 60's we didn't craft alot other than polishing our stickball bats and playing basketball in the schoolyards.. I have attended many craft shows and seminars over the years and have come to truly appreciate what can be made with ribbon for so many uses...It really is bare without a ribbon....

    ReplyDelete