Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Crafting for Good

One of the things I'm most passionate about is crafting for good. What does that mean, exactly? To me, that means crafting with the purpose of giving the finished product to someone in need. I'm a big knitter and love using this skill to make hats and scarves for low-/no-income individuals and families in the winter. Sometimes I'll donate to established foundations, but other times I like giving it to people I come across when I'm out and about, often those without homes. Though I tend to create "useful" items (like hats, gloves, scarves, etc.), I also enjoy creating cute, decorative items to give away. Kids love them! I love knitting brooches to put on hats or jackets with little ribbon adornments. While it isn't anything particularly helpful, I understand what it means to be a kid who wants to look cool for their friends and have something new to show off. Believe me, even the small things matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment